The Avondale Swim and Tennis Club (ASTC) Rules and Regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members.
These rules have been established to ensure the safe, enjoyable and sanitary operation of our facilities. All members are required to review these rules and regulations carefully. Members are requested to caution their family members and guests to observe all rules and obey all instructions by the pool manager and other staff of ASTC.
Our priority is the SAFETY of all members. Please respect our rules and the direction of our lifeguard staff. If at any time you have questions or concerns about the operation of your pool, please contact an officer of the Board by email.
These rules can be reviewed annually, and changed with the approval of the Tennis Committee and the Board of Directors.
- The pool, tennis courts, and facility grounds are limited to members in good standing and their paid guests. At no time are non-members allowed to use the facility while not in the company of a sponsoring member. Unauthorized guests will be asked to leave.
- All members must sign in upon entrance to the grounds.
- Guests will be admitted to the grounds only when accompanied by a member, and after registration at the front desk and payment of the appropriate guest fee. Guest fees are $5/guest and fees are subject to an increase at the discretion of the Board. Guest fees are $10 for each guest on the following days: Opening Day, July 4th, Labor Day and Pig-A-Pool-ooza. The definition of “Guests” and explanation of fees can be found in Article III, Section G of the By Laws.
- All children under the age of 9 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or a babysitter. Lifeguards and other pool staff are not responsible for looking after children. The lifeguards are there to watch swimmers only. Unsupervised children under the age of 9 years will be asked to contact a guardian to be picked up immediately from the pool.
- Parents/caregivers are always responsible for the behavior of their children while on ASTC property, and membership privileges are subject to review for serious and/or repeated rules’ infractions.
- Appropriate swim attire is required – bathing suits only.
- Everyone must change in the restroom. There is no deck changing.
- No food is allowed on the pool deck at any time.
- No glass, sharp objects, or hazardous materials may be brought to the pool or pool deck – non glass drink containers only.
- No drink containers of any kind are allowed in the pool.
- No chewing gum is allowed on the pool deck.
- Running is not allowed on the pool deck. Rough play and excessive noise is prohibited on the grounds in general.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, rollerblades and other wheeled vehicles are prohibited on pool grounds and tennis courts. The only exceptions are strollers and wheelchairs. Bicycles should be racked outside the entrance.
- No animals other than service animals are allowed in the pool area.
- Hammocks are not allowed on the grounds.
- The pool phone is provided as a courtesy; please keep calls to three minutes or less.
- ASTC is a smoke-free facility; smoking, vaping and/or the use of e-cigarettes is prohibited on ASTC grounds.
- Public intoxication or abusive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Underage drinking is prohibited.
- Acts of vandalism, theft, trespassing, assault or disorderly conduct will be prosecuted.
- A violation of rules may result in an immediate removal from the grounds and suspension or termination of membership as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Three Person Rule: It is prohibited for any adult employee or volunteer to be alone with one youth who is not their child. There must be another adult present or more than 1 child.
- Required Reporting: All volunteers and employees are required to report any known or suspected abuse incidents by an employee or volunteer to law enforcement and to the board of directors of the pool.