Dear ASTC Members:
We hope that you are having a wonderful summer and have been enjoying the pool with your family, friends, and neighbors. As we are heading into August, we wanted to reach out with a few quick “housekeeping” reminders to help you make the most of your pool experience:
- Please treat our vending machines with care. We are experiencing continuous issues with individuals jamming our vending machines with things other than coins. We regularly find sticks, paper tickets (e.g. from the Mardis Gras Fun Center in Dayton Beach), and other small items lodged in the coin and dollar receptor. When this happens, the machines simply won’t work, which results in frustrated members. The only way to prevent this from occurring is for us to work together. Parents, please speak with your children about treating pool equipment with respect. The vending machines are there for everyone’s use and enjoyment, and the only items to be inserted into them are quarters, nickels, and dimes.
- Tennis courts are for playing tennis and tennis-related games. The courts are not for sunbathing or tag.
- We all enjoy skateboards, scooters (motorized or old-school), bikes, and hammocks, but these are not allowed on the ASTC pool grounds. Please feel free to enjoy them prior to your entry into the ASTC pool area.
- A friendly reminder that glass is not allowed on the pool deck…guests shouldn’t have to worry about a cut foot as a result of a broken bottle (ouch!).
- Your ASTC website is located at www.avondaleswimtennis.com . It is available 24/7 to help answer many frequently asked pool-related questions.
- ASTC is also on FaceBook and regularly posts updates, last-minute information there. Please “like” our ASTC FB page to receive these notifications.
- Check the ASTC social calendar regularly to make sure you don’t miss fun activities such as the Sunday morning champagne brunches, ice cream socials, ASTC’s annual adult-only party, and much, much more!
- Interested in reserving the ASTC trophy room or tennis pavilion for a party? Click here to find out how.
- Have a question or concern? Please feel free to reach out to any of your ASTC Pool Board members. We are here to listen and serve.
- Please help us keep our pool grounds clean and critter-free by picking up your trash and recyclables. We have new trash cans and containers placed around the pool grounds, and we would sincerely appreciate your assistance with this.
Thank you, again, for being a member of the ASTC. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. We look forward to seeing you by the pool!
Your ASTC Board of Directors